POLISH <> ENGLISH TRANSLATOR AND INTERPRETER BASED IN WATFORD
Looking for a Polish <> English translator or interpreter ? Good news - you've just found one - qualified, reliable and committed. You can sit back and look at my website to see if I'm the right person for your task. Still in doubt ? Why don't you contact me and I will try to answer any of your queries as soon as I can.
My name is Miroslaw Szewczyk, and I am a qualified freelance English<>Polish translator and interpreter based in Watford, Hertfordshire. Since my services are direct I can provide more reasonable and affordable rates compared to those offered by agencies. The services I provide include: translation, interpreting, editing and proofreading. I am a Polish national permanently living in the UK since 2005. I have worked as a freelance interpreter and translator since 2013. I have graduated from English Philology at The University of Łódź in Poland and I hold 2 diplomas in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI) (in English Law and in Local Government pathways) and a diploma in Police Interpreting (DPI). I am registered with The National Register of Public Service Interpreters (NRPSI) and with the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIoL) - UK bodies that accredit only reliable and qualified linguists.
Since I am a qualified professional on National Register of Public Service Interpreters (NRPSI – reg. no: 16596), I am bound to adhere to required standards and the code of practice. If necessary, I can certify and stamp my translations. Documents I translate include, but are not limited to:
- birth, marriage, death certificates
- academic and qualification certificates
- legal documents, ie. court orders/judgements, agreements, legal correspondence
- local authority documents, ie. care plans, statements of facts, assessments
- medical documentation, ie. medical tests/examination results, hospital discharge summaries, immunisation records, medical certificates
- general documents and texts
- leaflets and forms
I am qualified, skilled and experienced to provide:
- face to face interpreting
- consecutive interpreting
- simultaneous interpreting
- telephone interpreting
- video interpreting
I have extensive experience in working in various settings, such as: courts of law, hospitals, clinics and GP surgeries, private and official meetings, police stations and custodies, probation service and prisons. Although I am based in Watford, I am prepared and willing to travel whenever and wherever I'm required.
PROOFREADING / EDITING
I provide both proofreading and editing services. Proofreading entails examining an already translated document and looking for spelling, grammar, syntax and punctuation errors, typos and other unintended mistakes, which I then correct. Editing focuses more on detecting contextual mistakes and that correct terminology has been used. It is more time consuming than proofreading and therefore more expensive. Please note that I will not implement changes myself, but I will make comments and recommendations as to where corrections should be made.
- general texts start from £ 60.00 per 1000 words (£ 0.06 per word) of the source text.
- certified translations start from £ 70.00 per 1000 words.
- specialized translations start from £ 70.00 per 1000 words.
- hourly rate: £ 30 (charged at minimum 2 hours).
- travel expenses: £ 10.00 per hour.
- mileage: £ 0.45 per mile.
- travel expenses (such as parking, train fares).
- out of office hours and weekend assignments are charged 25% extra
- starts from £ 30.00 per 1000 words
- starts from £ 40.00 per 1000 words
- £ 15.00
I do not regard interpreting and translation solely as an occupation. In fact, I am passionate about it as I truly believe that I have a role to play and that the quality and accuracy of what I have been entrusted with does make a difference. I will consider any assignment as long as I deem it to be within my capabilities. I take the same professional approach to every job I am entrusted with regardless of how big or small it is.
You can contact me at any time. If I can’t answer your call immediately, that’s probably because I’m with a client. If you leave me a message, I will attempt to reply as soon as I can. I prefer being contacted via email but the choice is yours: